Developing Academic Practice unit
This unit is part of our MA Academic Practice. Participants are introduced to educational theory and design a learning activity relevant to their own context. PhD students and others interested in teaching are welcome to apply.
Contact: Mark Armstrong email@example.com
Before the unit you will be asked to:
- Read one or two articles to frame your initial reflections on learning.
During the unit you will:
- Attend two interactive workshops (10:00 – 16:30) which introduce educational theory and approaches to designing learning activities.
- Attend a group tutorial to develop your response to the unit brief.
- Design a learning activity addressing an educational issue pertinent to your teaching.
- Present your activity as a 5-7 minute online audio-visual presentation (5-7 minutes).
- Give and receive peer feedback.
- Produce a short written reflection (750 words) on the design process.
Visit the Teaching and Learning Exchange website for more information about the unit or to apply. You can also find more information about the MA Academic Practice on our website.