The Exchange Blog

News and updates from the Teaching, Learning and Employability Exchange at University of the Arts London

News

UAL Teaching Scholars Announced

UAL Teaching Scholars

We are delighted to announce that 4 UAL staff members have been presented with the prestigious title of UAL Teaching Scholar. This new award is for academic and support staff who demonstrate excellence in teaching and support. The awards were presented at the 2015 Learning and Teaching Day, by Professor Susan Orr.

UAL_Teaching_Scholar_Paul_cropPaul Lowe, Course director, MA Photojournalism and Documentary Photography, LCC: “This is a fantastic initiative from UAL that really recognises that teaching is central to our practice and I am delighted to be with such a great group of fellow scholars. I’m really looking forward to building on all our work and collaborating together over the next two years.”

UAL_Teaching_Scholar_Anne_cropAnne Marr, Course Leader, BA Textile Design, CSM: “I am absolutely delighted to receive the award and thrilled to become a UAL Teaching Scholar! The award will support me to set aside some quality time with my colleagues and our students to rethink and develop new methods around student-led research analysis.”

UAL_Teaching_Scholar_Fred_cropFred Meller, Course Leader BA, Performance Design and Practice, CSM:  “I am going to be working with ideas about how we use performance in teaching and learning in performance design and practice. It’s a collaborative social discipline and it feels very much like it’s not just me that has been awarded this, but reflects the brilliant course team and students I work with.”

NataschaRadclyffe-Thomas_001_BW_lowresDr. Natascha Radclyffe-Thomas, Course Leader, BA Fashion Marketing , LCF: “This award comes 20 years since my first part-time teaching experience as an AL at LCF & I am extremely proud to be honoured by my peers and students in this way and to receive such a positive endorsement of my teaching philosophies and practice. I intend to use the Teaching Scholarship to further my work in two areas: internationalisation of the curriculum and e-learning. I plan to showcase good practice at UAL in both areas as well as encouraging colleagues to develop international collaborative projects facilitated by digital platforms.”

For more information and to apply visit the UAL Teaching Scholars webpage.