Careers and Employability’s Professional Mentoring Scheme launches in the new year for final year students (undergraduate and postgraduate), to gain career insight, guidance and support from an experienced careers mentor. The scheme matches students with experienced professionals to develop their skills, confidence and future employability. It is open to final year students who would benefit from career insight, guidance and support. Application deadline for students is midday 8 January 2016. For more information visit the Professional Mentoring Scheme webpage.
Interested in being a mentor?
Careers and Employability are looking for mentors with over three years’ professional experience from across creative industries to join the programme. Perhaps you have reached a stage in your career where you’d like to give something back and do something rewarding. If so mentoring could be for you! It entails tremendous benefits to the mentor such as:
- Personal and professional satisfaction through meeting young people/businesses and hearing fresh ideas
- An opportunity to give back to the community and use professional skills in a different and rewarding context
- Personal and professional development – mentoring enhances leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- A sense of reward and satisfaction from helping someone else develop and grow
- Gaining valuable new contacts through Mentorship network and events.