This unit is part of our MA Academic Practice. Participants are introduced to educational theory and design a learning activity relevant to their own context. PhD students and others interested in teaching are welcome to apply.
Contact: Mark Armstrong email@example.com
Before the unit you will be asked to:
- Read one or two articles to frame your initial reflections on learning.
During the unit you will:
- Attend two interactive workshops (10:00 – 16:30) which introduce educational theory and approaches to designing learning activities.
- Attend a group tutorial to develop your response to the unit brief.
- Design a learning activity addressing an educational issue pertinent to your teaching.
- Present your activity as a 5-7 minute online audio-visual presentation (5-7 minutes).
- Give and receive peer feedback.
- Produce a short written reflection (750 words) on the design process.